The Wasatch Cooperative Market is a full-service, socially and environmentally responsible grocery store focused on selling local, high-quality products at fair trade prices. The Co-op is the hub of Utah's food culture and, as a community-owned market, strengthens the local economy by encouraging the growth of our regional food infrastructure.
For more information about cooperatives, you can also click here for an informative short video.
- To foster and support community well-being throughout Northern Utah
- To provide an inviting marketplace offering only healthy, high-quality foods and goods produced in an environmentally and socially responsible manner
- To constantly strive to run the most energy efficient and sustainable business
- To count among our Member-Owners every household in Utah
- To be profitable for the Cooperative and its Member-Owners
History of the Wasatch Cooperative Market
Organizing work for the Wasatch Cooperative Market began in April 2009. At that time we didn't have a name for our cooperative. We were simply asking people if they wanted to shop at a community food co-op in Salt Lake City. The answer: Overwhelmingly YES!
We had three community meetings in 2009: April 18, May 30, and October 7. Soon after the May 30 meeting we held a vote among interested individuals on the email list to select a name for our member-owned cooperative grocery market and that's how we became the Wasatch Cooperative Market!
We have formed several committees to further the development of the Co-op and we need more participants. Contact us if you'd like to get involved.
The plan is BIG! We envision stores up and down the Wasatch Front, with thousands of Member-Owners!