- To provide an inviting marketplace offering only healthy, high-quality foods and goods produced in an environmentally and socially responsible manner
- To constantly strive to run the most energy efficient and sustainable business
- To foster and support community well-being throughout Northern Utah
- To count among our Member-Owners every household in Utah
- To be profitable for the Cooperative and its Member-Owners
The Wasatch Cooperative Market is a full-service, socially and environmentally responsible grocery store focused on selling local, high-quality products at fair trade prices. The Co-op is the hub of Utah's food culture and, as a community-owned market, strengthens the local economy by encouraging the growth of our regional food infrastructure.
For more information about cooperatives, you can also click here for an informative short video.
History of the Wasatch Cooperative Market
Organizing work for the Wasatch Cooperative Market began in April 2009. At that time we didn't have a name for our cooperative. We were simply asking people if they wanted to shop at a community food co-op in Salt Lake City. The answer: Overwhelmingly YES!
We had three community meetings in 2009: April 18, May 30, and October 7. Soon after the May 30 meeting we held a vote among interested individuals on the email list to select a name for our member-owned cooperative grocery market and that's how we became the Wasatch Cooperative Market!
We have formed several committees to further the development of the Co-op and we need more participants. Contact us if you'd like to get involved.
The plan is BIG! We envision stores up and down the Wasatch Front, with thousands of Member-Owners!