Benefits of being a Member-Owner in the Wasatch Cooperative Market
Your investment launching a grocery store that:
- Provides a reliable source of organic and non-GMO foods
- Supports local organic farmers through fair trade practices, bringing you the freshest, most delicious produce available
- Guarantees a trustworthy source of health and nutrition information
- Gives you peace of mind knowing that products follow sustainable production standards
- Will grow local goods and product sales by more than $800,000 in the first year
- Builds community around food
- Gives you control of the store through a stronger voice in product selection and election of the Board of Directors
- Provides you annual refunds based on your patronage of the Co-op
- Makes you eligible for our Cooperative Business Partner program, owner-only coupons, specials and discount days
- Sends a strong message for sustainable practices to state and national policy makers
Why your ownership means so much
Without your Member-Ownership, there can be no Wasatch Cooperative Market. The dollars you contribute in becoming a Member-Owner are a significant portion of the capital necessary to open doors and begin operating. Collectively, they form the resource that both funds the start-up process and finances the acquisition of equipment, personnel and retail space. The more owner capital the Wasatch Cooperative Market has, the less we'll need to borrow and the sooner Member-Owners can receive patronage refunds.
How much does a Member-Owner Share cost?
One Class A Member-Owner Unit (i.e. the cost of becoming a Member-Owner in the Wasatch Cooperative Market) is $300. It is a one-time investment. It is NOT a donation nor an annual fee. We have a variety of payment plans available, starting as low as $25 a month!
The ownership drive has begun! Here's how to invest:
1. Download and complete a Member-Owner Application.
If you would like to use one of the payment plan options, remember to fill out the ACH form at the same link. Mail the completed form(s). If paying by check, include your check for $300.00 made payable to:
Wasatch Cooperative Market, LCA
PO Box 4303
Salt Lake City, UT 84110
2. Or pay now using your credit card or PayPal account
We offer a number of installment options for your convenience - online payments include a $10 processing fee - Start Now »
Know your Bylaws! Download a copy of the Bylaws.