Benefits of being a Member-Owner
Your investment launches a grocery store that:
- Gives you peace of mind knowing that your food comes from humanely produced and sustainably sources
- Improves the quality and quantity of locally produced food and other products
- Provides a reliable source of organic and non-GMO foods
- Supports farmers through fair trade practices
- Guarantees a trustworthy source of health and nutrition information
- Builds community around food
- Gives you control of the store through a stronger voice in product selection and election of the Board of Directors
- Provides you annual refunds based on your patronage of the Co-op
- Makes you eligible for our Cooperative Business Partner program, owner-only coupons, specials and discount days
- Sends a strong message for sustainable practices to state and national policy makers
Why YOUR Ownership is Important
Because it is OUR store, without your Member-Ownership, there is no Wasatch Cooperative Market. The dollars you invest as a Member-Owner build our community. Collectively, our investments fund the start-up process. The more owner capital the Wasatch Cooperative Market has, the less we'll need to borrow and the sooner Member-Owners can receive patronage refunds.
How much does a Member-Owner Share cost?
The cost of becoming a Member-Owner is $300. It is a one-time equity investment in the Co-op, NOT a donation or an annual fee. There are a variety of payment plans available, starting as low as $25 a month!
The ownership drive has begun! Here's how to invest:
1. Download and complete a Member-Owner Application.
If you would like to use one of the payment plan options, remember to fill out the ACH form at the same link. Mail the completed form(s). If paying by check, include your check for $300.00 made payable to:
Wasatch Cooperative Market, LCA
PO Box 4303
Salt Lake City, UT 84110
2. Or join on-line.
We offer a number of installment options for your convenience - online payments include a $10 processing fee - Start Now »
Know your Bylaws! Download a copy of the Bylaws.