Benefits of being a Member-Owner in the Wasatch Cooperative Market
- Makes you a Member-Owner of your grocery store, giving you control of the store through a stronger voice for products made available and election of the Board of Directors.
- When the Co-op is profitable (potentially 3yrs after opening, perhaps sooner) you'll receive annual refunds proportionate to your patronage of the Co-op.
- Makes you eligible for our Cooperative Business Partner program, owner-only coupons, specials, and discount days, and other programs and promotions conducted regularly.
- Strengthens our advocacy for high-quality food standards.
- Supports local organic farmers, bringing you the freshest, most delicious produce available.
- Supports locally-made and sustainable products.
- Supports and strengthens the local economy through job creation, economic return, and small business incubation.
- Helps us send a strong message to state and national policy makers.
Why your ownership means so much
Without your Member-Ownership, there can be no Wasatch Cooperative Market. The dollars you contribute in becoming a Member-Owner are a significant portion of the capital necessary to open doors and begin operating. Collectively, they form the resource that both funds the start-up process and finances the acquisition of equipment, personnel and retail space. The more owner capital the Wasatch Cooperative Market has, the less we'll need to borrow and the sooner Member-Owners can receive patronage refunds.
How much does a Member-Owner Share cost?
One Class A Member-Owner Unit (i.e. the cost of becoming a Member-Owner in the Wasatch Cooperative Market) is $300. It is a one-time investment. It is NOT a donation nor an annual fee. We have a variety of payment plans available, starting as low as $25 a month!
The ownership drive has begun! Here's how to invest:
1. Download and complete a Member-Owner Application.
If you would like to use one of the payment plan options, remember to fill out the ACH form at the same link. Mail the completed form(s). If paying by check, include your check for $300.00 made payable to:
Wasatch Cooperative Market, LCA
PO Box 4303
Salt Lake City, UT 84110
2. Or pay now using your credit card or PayPal account
We offer a number of installment options for your convenience - online payments include a $10 processing fee - Start Now >
Know your Bylaws! Download a copy of the Bylaws.